[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

Chartier, Mike S mike.s.chartier at intel.com
Mon Mar 3 19:00:49 UTC 2014

This is a well thought out proposal.
However 1000 delegates in two days will only reach consensus (if at all) on the broadest of ideas.
Often times meetings have different categories of contributions, where some can be submitted for "information". That would have been a useful mechanism for this contribution.

Moreover, when seeking, not just acquiescence, but support and the signing of an MoU from the USG, it would have been more productive to use the language from the problem statement:

"Objections have been raised to US government involvement in this process on several grounds, including exclusivity and concerns of trust. Objections have equally been raised to movement of the function to several international organizations."

And leave it at that, rather than trying to build a case of grievances.