[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:10:48 UTC 2014

Hello David,

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> Seun,
>
> Without commenting on Milton's proposal:
>
> On Mar 3, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If DNSA would only be taking proceed from ICANN (and not from others
> like ORSN).
>
> I don't think this makes sense. ORSN is an alternative implementation of
> the root server system. Root servers (whether they be ORSN or the
> 'traditional' root servers) only see the output of the IANA implementation
> of ICANN policies.

I was just trying sight past comments/thread about having multiple
alternate root servers (to perhaps break the "perceived" ICANN monopoly
(which i agree does not make sense either :) )

> For separation of functions reason, I don't think a model in which the
> root server community (regardless of who it might be) provides input (as a
> root server community) would be a good idea.
>
> I also don't think so either, my point is that since such separation of
functions and establishment of the DNSA is not to achieve such goal, then
it would still mean the DNSA role is something that can still run under
ICANN and not necessarily setting up as a separate body.

I hope it made some sense now ;)

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*