[discuss] Just Net Coalition contribution on Principles for Netmundial.br

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Thu Mar 6 20:05:47 UTC 2014

Hi Norbert,
At 07:58 06-03-2014, Norbert Bollow wrote:
>Since several people have asked for a list of the people and
>organizations involved... here (attached) is the list of participants

[snip]

>The meeting was organised by Third World Network, ActionAid, WWW
>Foundation, Free Software Law Centre, Free Software Movement of India,
>Knowledge Commons and IT for Change. Some of these organisers provided
>funds for the meeting as well. The rest of the funds came from NIXI,
>the Internet Exchange of India. The latter had no role in organising the
>event.

Thanks for being transparent about the source of funding.

I note that there was the following signatories:

   Sivaldo Pereira da Silva - Intervozes, Brazil
   Alex Gakuru - ICT Consumer's Association of Kenya, Kenya
   Bruce Girard - Fundación Comunic, Uruguay

I did not find any other country located in the
Southern Hemisphere.  I find it difficult to
believe that the contribution could be
representative of the views from the Southern
Hemisphere.  The problem with representativity is
that it raises questions about whether a group is
actually representative of the interests it seeks to represent.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy