[discuss] Will there be life on 1net after IANA is globalized? (:-)

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sun Mar 9 08:22:40 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-07 20:56, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:

> I actually think a bit differently than Vint, Patrick, and Max's paper.
> To me, the paper could be used to suggest that a number of subjects are
> Internet Governance related that to me are not related at all. In fact,
> I don't think data of any kind has any place in Internet Governance;
> issues with content have other homes with the expertise to deal with them.

Things in the days of competition and multi stakeholder operated
Internet are many many more degrees separated from each other than in
the days of classical incumbent (often owned by or part of the
Government) driven classical telecommunication.

That _must_ be explained, and I do not think the presented texts are
wrong at all.

That does of course not imply there are no interdependencies.

   Patrik