[discuss] Will there be life on 1net after IANA is globalized? (:-)

Naresh Ajwani ajwaninaresh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:13:01 UTC 2014

Alejandro,

"1. let's take an example from a developing country. How would an ISP -
let's imagine, Sify, in India - get to influence IP address numbering and
domain name policy? In APNIC, the NRO, and ICANN, the company did mighty
well. There was a Naresh Ajwani in the NRO and in APNIC, a President of the
company on the ICANN Board. Pretty mighty outreach and it was early
times....."

While I am sure that your intent is not to intimidate me :-), as certainly
there would be life on 1net after these deliberations... :-), I would be
more glad if you could let me know which outreach program brought Naresh
Ajwani in the NRO.  I also clarify that the referred to so called
developing country has over 950 million telephone subscribers, majority
with internet enablement, and sooner or later, would represent over 30% of
total internet population of the world :-).  In my opinion, this is doing
mighty well.

"2. more than a middle path what we are seeing is a combination of all
paths that prove productive while compatible with most principle-based
frameworks. The sum - not the substraction that is implied in getting to
the middle - is more powerful and provides for another important principle
that has made the Internet open, inclusive and resilient: evolvability."

Once again, I bow...middle path is a combination of all paths.  Having said
that, I have not seen enough evidence of evolvability for all
inclusiveness.  Here again, I bring my concern on outreach programs - as to
assume that internet is limited to the existing framework -constituencies
itself shows that outreach programs are not effective.

Regards & best wishes,

Naresh Ajwani