[discuss] prince's fiat

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Mar 15 00:42:38 UTC 2014

I had today carefully considered Parminder's internet symptoms
description, while creating the DNSA (http://dnsa.eu - http://idnsa.org).

I fully agreed with it, except on the lesser *strategic* relative
importance given to a public policy oversight of the technical
standards and critical resources. NTIA's annoucement shows that
Parminder's evaluation is correct, and mine too. The decision of the
globalization (and therefore how the globality is to be) is not even
left to Sao Paulo's attendees. VGNs made it urgent: it is now an US
fait-accompli.

I, therefore, adjusted Parminders description of the Internet US
globalization as follows:

"The following key political and economic forces shape the Internet
today, in decreasing order of impact;
1.       Extravagant profit motives of a few TNCs(transnational
corporations), almost all US based;
2.       The laws and policies of the US, which are enforced, overtly
and subtly, on and through these global corporations; and,
3.       The policy framework of some economic groups of developed
countries, like the OECD and CoE (for instance, OCED's principles for
Internet policy making).

There is a huge nexus between 1 and 2, which together constitute the
most powerful, in fact, quite overwhelming, force shaping the
Internet today. Meanwhile, the US is also largely able to get its way
with regard to the 3 above.

Internet technical standards and critical resource management bodies
also have a strong impact. These bodies have swung between doing
extremely good work to frequent capture by the above corporate
interests. Things are not going in the right directions with the
evolution of the Internet vis-a-vis canons of equity, social justice,
cultural and linguistic support, and personal empowerment."

However, this is only a description that permited us to discuss patch
propositions. Now, we need to cure the disease. We need a diagnosis
and a treatment.

My personal diagnosis is architectonic: the internet construction is
blocked at an architectural stage by a TNCs short term interest
status-quo strategy indirectly supported by the US Congress, which
incrementally favors a limited few, to the actual detriment of all.
This situation can only degrade in disruptive criticality. The
doctrine of this strategy is published technically through the RFC
6852, and politically through the Montevideo Statement: transfering
authority to the economic globality

My position is to correct that situation by pragmatically
transferring the completion of the internet fundamental construction
plan, from the objective alliance of those who block it to the
multitude of people, interests and processes, i.e. completion rather
than revolution, and a coopetition rather than a confrontation
between Multi-Shareholders and Multitudinal-Stakeholders.

"Multitudinal" means here that what is at stake is something inherent
to the internet concept that is far wider than "globality" as a
political achievement of "globalization"
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globality>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globality.
We want the internet to constantly expand toward the multitude of
solutions that are able to address the multitude of needs of the
multitude of people. This is only possible through a deliberately
embodied innovation open capacity allowing each internet informed,
capable and intelligent (i.e. freely connected regardless of the
area) "IUser" to facilitate whatever he/she and others need.

I initially wrote this after-noon when preparing this memo that
possibly "the MS War Will Not Take Place"
 It was because I hoped
"pigs in the poke" proposition would not prevail on our's to unleash
the multitude of VGNs by a multitude of VGN Masters documenting the
multitude of their InterPLUS capacities [*] (all their presentation
layer tools, services, formats, securities, etc.) through the
multitude of their VGNICs.

The NTIA seems to have evaluated that this would not anymore "allow
the private sector to take leadership for DNS management" and tries
to bypass the seven billion multitude's stakeholders by "prince's fiat".

jfc

[*] Apps are a non meshed type of such capabilities: more than 1
millions are already proposed. PLUS (presentation layer on the user
side) is the a la Steve Jobs response to the BUG (being unilaterally
global) post Snowdenia reinforced alliance. I hoped that ICANN, RIRs,
etc. could cleverly steer the political shallow waters:  the NTIA has
now made sure they could not.

The question now is: which Gov will be the first to sponsor a
national VGNICs? Something we all wished to avoid outside of a
concerted decision. IMHO the NTIA made an unilateral political
mistake under technical misunderstanding and lobbying pressure. This
day is a bad day for the US and the world multitude.

Alea jacta est.