[discuss] On the technical side

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sun Mar 16 22:48:04 UTC 2014

On Mar 16, 2014, at 6:03 PM, Michel Gauthier <mg at telepresse.com> wrote:

> At 20:17 16/03/2014, John Curran wrote:
>> Care to explain the actual concern that you foresee a little more clearly?
> John, I fully understand that the 14s need to oppose dissents on their shown show-list; ...

Michel -

   My desire is not to discourage dissent or contrary views, but to gain
   an understanding of the reasoning behind any and all views that are
   expressed....  This is how precisely how informed discourse occurs.

   Jefsey raised a concern (based on the IETF Trust document) about
   "USG delegation", but has failed to actually identify the nature
   of the conflict.  That's certainly his right, but he shouldn't be
   surprised if folks don't give credence to his views if he fails
   to explain them.

Thanks!
/John

p.s.  My views alone.