[discuss] On the technical side

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Mon Mar 17 22:58:16 UTC 2014

Jefsey,
John and Andrew have decided you are on a different track then yours.
This is why the more you explain them, the less they accept what you
say, since you build on it. I therefore suggest you drop it. However,
I agree with you: this the crux of the whole issue, So, I will try to
clarify and get their position.

John and Andrew,
Jefsey did not say that the FAQ included anything blocking. He just
said that it should be studied to know *if* something would be
blocking.  In insisting to know *what* would be blocking, you demand
JFC to study the document by himself what he is not interested in
since he disaproves its mere existence. However,

(1) this is not because he disaproves its existence, that this
document, which exists, cannot be of interest for you. In such a
case, he is ready to hear you, but it is up to you, as it comes with
the NTIA position, to sell it to him.

(2) in insisting on a point he did not make, and in not understanding
why he is not interested, you only confirm his reasons for
disapproving its existance, i.e. this is not a globally intended and
accepted document. If neither you nor the NTIA understand that not to
include the IETF Trust in the NTIA offer kills the offer, there is no
more reason to discuss any further..

I feel you miss the point that Jefsey thinks that the NTIA position
is well played but detrimental to the US and everyone, except, on the
short term, to the US TNCs.

Jefsey, I am correct in reading you?

M G