[discuss] [governance] U.S. to Give Up Oversight of Web Policymaking Body

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Tue Mar 18 07:35:42 UTC 2014

Hi Jay,

At 14:40 16-03-2014, Jay Daley wrote:
>Asked that way the answer will always be that the IANA function in
>ICANN does a professional job and only implements what it is told to
>implement.  However the issue is not whether IANA does what it is
>told, it is whether the things it is told to do have always come
>from a documented process of community consensus.

Yes.

Thanks for the link.  I haven't read that report yet.  I am familiar
with the relevant literature though.  There are a few principles that
transcend cultural differences.  Some of these principles are
enshrined in laws of various countries.  That's not the same as consensus.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy