[discuss] structural separation example (was Re: Host country)

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Tue Mar 18 16:04:10 UTC 2014

Milton and John,

On Mar 18, 2014, at 6:30 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> Very good, important points, John. Another argument for structural separation?

I'm curious: given ARIN performs a registration function along with a policy definition function, do you believe there should be structural separation of those functions in ARIN/the RIRs?

(for the record: I don't have a strong opinion as I think both integrated and separated can be made to work with sufficient safeguards: I figure it boils down to what's most efficient)

Regards,
-drc