[discuss] IDNA and Arabic (and other RTL scripts)

Dominique Lacroix dl at panamo.eu
Tue Mar 18 16:43:59 UTC 2014

Thanks Andrew and Patrik.
The complexity you describe reminds me the story of the Procrustean Bed ;-)
And mixing directionalities reminds the boustrophedon script that was
the sign of transitional writing systems.
It's not a criticism, but only an observation. A system conceived and
largely yet implemented in left-to-right is difficult to transform into
right-to-left.

@+, cheers, Dominique