[discuss] What is to replace the NTIA?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Mar 19 00:34:41 UTC 2014

Michel,

This evaluation of yours is interesting. However, it is incomplete.
It posits that innovation dynamism will continue. This is correct.

However, it does not consider the singularity's impact on humanity
itself. Let not be abused by what people do today. They did not do 10
years ago, and they will not do 10 years from now. One cannot
conceive a stable "IG" without considering that "I" will soon enough
or already stands for "intercomprehension". Let me be candid, either
Engelbart/Kurzweil are right and Google/NSA's people "augmented
brain" will control and take care of everything for us; or they will
not and we will extend our capacity to penetrate the complexity's
intelligence and will need the appropriate tools and a lot of innovation.

Therefore, your images of the army, blue helmets, soviets, sheriffs,
and stakeholder's brigades are not wrong, but they are to cope with a
completely differently fragmented world, an old world. Kazimir
(easier to spell than Zbigniew Kazimir Brzezinski) is right, but the
status-quo dreamers (or intoxicators) are not: the internet is
fragmented (the networks of the network). The catenet concept is to
concatenate them, not to wipe their fragmentation.

Technologies (EIN 48), global communities (RFC 6852), multinational
sovereignties (TNCs), cultures (multilinguistics), privacy (public
and private secrecy), etc. are additional fragmentations that "myVGN"
presentation layers (plural) six are to support in a consistent
manner. Consistency does not oppose fragmentations (plural); on the
contrary, it holds them together in the complexity's glue.

We face a techno-political issue, which means there are those who
produce (techies), those who organize (politicians), and those who
put them in competition (commerce) in order to extract the money we
use to live. The technicians permitt their benefits the politicians
will internally tax, and the soldiers will externally protect.
- For centuries, the simplicity of the world permitted this
architectonics to be controlled by a single man (king).
- Then, its diversity called for structures (democracy).
- Now, its complexity demands systems (the polycracy that we are
experimenting).

The king's political governance was human. The democratic political
governance was in the texts. The polycracy's political governance
calls for the entanglement of machines and their management by
stakeholders. If there is a single VGN it is dictature with the 14
stakeholders. If there are national, ragional, trade, etc. VGNs this
can be democracy with elected/selected/designated VGN Master. If
there is a multitude of VGNs on an equal footing this is polycracy.

We technicians have imagined and produced the machines of the
stakeholders, but no one (except some soldiers, people, and
merchants) has ever specified them until the WSIS, when "the people
of the world" unanimously assigned themselves an esthetic: that our
information machine entangled society must be people centric.
- This is not very clear yet on a daily basis (lack of an ethitechnic)
- and it is opposed by those who want it to be money or power centered;
but this is all what we have if machines are to set-us free and not
use to command us.

In addition, we have been explained by Einstein, and we fully observe
the interior/exterior/ulterior continuity of our "4D" space. It has
already entered in some of our Constitutions through the precaution
principle and duty (we have to live with the future as our responsibility).

Then, as if this was not enough, here comes the consequence of our
machines: the datamass! The Big, Bad, Bog data complexity that adds
their own three dimensions: the data, metadata (data on data), and
syllodata (data between the linked data).

Frankly I do not know if this "7D" space that we are blatantly
starting to discover is a true vision of reality, but it is most
likely to be with us for a long time. This is because it explains
quantum coherence/decoherence, fits information and
communication/intellition, obeys cybernetics and logic/agorics,
addresses Bohm's remaining questions about implicate and explicate
order
(<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicate_and_explicate_order>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicate_and_explicate_order),
provides good architectonic grounds to intercomprehension
facilitation technologies, and is in adequation with our political
process and institutions of our today's reality.

People have been manipulated, at least by the press, to focus on the
wrong issues in the Snowdenia case. This has helped some interests.
However, national, private, and individual surveillance agencies and
agents only extend what is typically characteristic of humans (apart
from orthogonality), i.e. survival and intellectual curiosity.

Actually, Snowden has shown that
- the Internet technology is vulnerable (even US citizens and
corporations cannot be protected from friends),
- big intellition systems had to be developed (PRISM) in order to
know better how to protect a 7 billion people world.

This illustrates that most of the information that our brain uses has
never been communicated: we do not obtain them by the communication
of "explicate" light speed data; but rather through "implicate"
CPU/brain speed intellition: the information that makes sense from
what we know or feel. And that last speed will be, like in our brain,
the speed of quantum computers. These are speed and processes that
ICANN cannot regulate; but many would like to control this for money,
greed, or protection. Here the stakes.

Today, the NTIA's move is a smart move. Is it a good move for the US
executive in giving it a higher leverage over the rest of the world?
And in this way is it good for the world or a mistake? I do not know.

I, therefore, believe that our non-US citizen common precaution duty
(constitutional for French citizens at least) is to make sure that we are:
*  neither engulfed in the consequences of a USG error, and ready to
assist the US citizens whose community is necessary to the internet
and the world.
*  nor be colonized by the US due to an insufficient understanding of
a smash-action of them to which we could not react fast enough.

This is why:

1. I think the best is to work on the empowerment of everyone through
an intelligent and independent control of their VGN and their VGNIC
documentation, information, communication, and intellition tools.

2. I decompose the NTIA strategy along two aspects we can evaluate:

(1) transfer of the: IETF technology and IANA functions under the US
common and copyright laws, so we have to avoid depending on the need
of IETF technical derivatives and IANA dependent TLDs and DNs (i.e. VGNs)

(2) The uncoupling of the datamass from the communicated data, (with
the US imposed political retardant of not accepting a Multi-State-led
successor), so we need to empower everyone's self-sovereignty, in
terms of information, communication, and intellition (i.e. smart VGNICs).

This being kept in mind; we can certainly be open-minded at the first
degree level, watching our steps at the second degree level, and our
soul at the third degree level. Actually, this is nothing different
from what we are supposed to do since it was decided to make ARPANET
(a US military experimental system) global, i.e. operational in our
own place instead of our own technology.

- At least until everyone can deploy his/her chosen names, numbers
and parameter across the global public good that has to be the
internet and its Intersem – semiotic internet new layer.
- that day, the digisphere will have stabilized. Meaning that what we
call the IGovernance will be banal common civil and business life
(many businesses in every countries being trans-national); and that
CyberCommands and NSAs will exist in every nation.

So, the real question is to know for us, nations and VGN masters to
determine our interests, as probably the NTIA did: splitting cyber
defense and power, from e-commerce, from social networking. IMHO, as
VGN masters we are to define our multitude's member policy and help
our country, region, trade, collectivity, family, etc. build their
digital doctrine and decide their strategy. It would be quite
surprising if a seven billion educated digitally meshed people could
be satisfied with one single authroritative ICANN :-) However, a well
designed multi-spoke hub could certainly help the transition, one
additional spoke at a time, progressively leading to and gathering
millions of VGN in a smooth transition.

The only thing, if we want to succeed, is that nothing is to be
decided, only commonly agreed. This is why inititiatives are to be
engaged, proven and accepted by the multitude first, but in a way he
"leaders" will be able to accept.

jfc