[discuss] Republicans Uneasy About ICANN Decision, Schedule Hearing

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Mar 20 02:23:55 UTC 2014

At 21:44 19/03/2014, Shatan, Gregory S. wrote:
>also includes the IP addresses, but will it be enough to calm the TM lobby?
>
>FYI "IP" stands for "Internet Protocol," not "Intellectual Property." :-)

This is why we use IPR for intellectual property rights in the
internet context to avoid confusion.

>Other than that, I'm not sure why you link this to the "TM lobby."

Understandable if you confuse with IPRs.

The reason why the inclusion of the IP address registry in the "DNS
root" via the Afirmation of Commitment is that it is the only motive
for a Judge to ultimately accept that the whole internet is not a
personnal resource management (VGN) affair. IP allows individual
people to interelate out of any private existing circle. They are
therefore something which can be accepted as a civic system, subject
to the law (provided that addresses are warrantied by State related
national registries). In such a case it can be claimed that the use
of a naming string is not a personal entry in a private system
covered by privacy, but a pubic trade mark.

Again, one has to reivent everything if the NTIA removes itself (the
same as the entire technology standardization process is to be
reinvented after the IAB removed itself as the ultimate technical
reference and source of guidance through the OpenStand/RFC 6852). And
when I say everythng I mean it because all we have done up to now was
to adjust the code's law to the US law, in the exceptional
circumstance where the US Executive was making itself available to
the multitude of non-US-citizens.

In the new situation we are to investigate/prepare, the laws (of
every country, and in particular of the US which are at the core of
the transition and want to protect their assets) must add to their
people's national law a "code of the global interconnected multitude
and of its environment" (the layer below international law: above the
common people law). In that area we will have national multitudinal
laws that may internationally conflict. This is the policracy we
havee to explore, learn, and theorize.

Best
jfc