[discuss] surveillance governance,, etc.

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 17:02:23 UTC 2014

Jefsey,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Jefsey <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:

> At 13:28 22/03/2014, McTim wrote:
>
>> Why am I involved in this thread?
>>

> Because you disregarded Michel Gauthier's reminder about IAB RFC 3869.

I didn't 'disregard" it, I merely pointed out that it wasn't germane.

>  I've not commented at all since the subject line was changed and we went
>> down this particular rathole.
>> Leave me out of this nonsense please!
>>

> I understand that this rathole and nonsense is the world peace. IMHO, you
> might be unfamiliar with press. Your kind of comments (this is your right),
> damages the image of the Dubai minority.

I did't comment at all in this new thread until you pulled me in.  It is
silly to suggest that anything I say can damage the reputations of dozens
of governments.

>  So far, you are not even speculating that there is an 'influencing
>> strategy", you are merely posting random factoids seemingly in support of
>> the other MGs snide insinuations.
>>

> This strategy is plainly, publicly, and authoritatevely documented as
> such. In case you are not aware:
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/press-release/2014/ntia-announces-
> intent-transition-key-internet-domain-name-functions

Complete non-sequitor.  This announcement is NOT about IETF funding or the
alleged influencing of the IETF due to funding meetings.

> Your comments on DNS-ORC and CAIDA (Michel Gauthier could have extended to
> W3C) show that you have not read the Farewell address I quoted.

One has nothing to do with the other.

> I really advise you to do it.

I have, several times.  We obviously disagree on its meaning.

> There are good answers there to *every* "principle" (as Fadi would say)
> question discusssed on this list. Astonishing and refreshing, as it is a
> good, strong and determined US position set that for once everyone can most
> probably consensually adopt. And start from there.
>
>  My question to you still stands.
>> How would you like the IETF to be funded??
>>

> If you ask this to a journalist he will only report you do not any
> response yourself.

I think I made clear that I thought it was good news.

--
Cheers,

McTim