[discuss] Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:23:07 UTC 2014

David, Stephen, Lee,

You are all looking on these as internal geek processes, which as I said, no
one could/should care much about and good luck with the chocolate chips...

But  what is being promoted is that these are/are meant to become highly
significant public policy processes and there, (presumably) rather different
standards (are meant to) prevail.

Not sure what the situation is in the US but in Canada now, buying a public
official lunch is a questionable activity--sponsoring a tranche of lunches
as part of a significant public policy process without providing the
applicable back-up paperwork etc.etc. presumably is a major (and
indictable?) no no...

I personally have no idea whether what you folks and your compadres do/come
up with is as pure as todays snowfall up on Grouse Mountain--or not. But the
absence of a recognition of what is expected of you in terms of (at least
formal) accountability and transparency and what those expectations imply
is, as I said to John, I think a rather significant problem.