[discuss] happening right now

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Mar 24 03:14:11 UTC 2014

Indeed it is.

I am intrigued by Fadi's combination of accountability mechanisms with the
duty of stewardship - the latter is far broader with the former, in my
opinion.

I am also surprised by the presentation of this as a "consultation"
process. The USG press release asks ICANN to "convene global stakeholders
to develop a proposal to transition the current role played by NTIA in the
coordination of the Internet's domain name system."

To arrogate the leadership of that to ICANN such that it consults the
community rather than doing what is asked seems to me to pose risks both to
ICANN itself, and to the prospects of a successful transition plan actually
being developed.

Let's see how this panel proceeds..

Jordan

On 24 March 2014 11:08, Veni Markovski <veni at veni.com> wrote:

> http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-iana-accountability
>

>   IANA Accountability Transition
>   Date:
>  Mon, 24 March 2014 - 10:30 to 12:30 SGT
> Room: Padang
>     Session Leader(s): Fadi Chehadé<http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/leader/chehade-fadi>| President and CEO
>

> Later today -
> http://singapore49.icann.org/en/schedule/mon-icann-accountability
>   ICANN Accountability
>  Date:
> Mon, 24 March 2014 - 17:30 to 19:00 SGT

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*To promote the Internet's benefits and uses, and protect its potential.*