[discuss] Opportunity for input on the development process for IANA oversight transition plan

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 06:27:28 UTC 2014

I am in Singapore and involved in Internet governance discussions resulting from the recent NTIA announcement.

It was clearly stated at the first meeting that input would be obtained from many sources, and that the goal of the consultations would be as inclusive as possible.

It was also clearly stated that the 1net discussion list  —  this list  — would be a significant source of input to the consultations.

Our community  —  the community of people interest in and affected by Internet governance decisions  — is numerous and distributed around the globe.  It’s unrealistic to think that input can be gathered inclusively through physical meetings.  However, it is possible to contribute through this list, which is being read by a large number of people.

Please, can we focus somewhat more tightly on the purpose of this list?  We have cross-stakeholder conversations going, but (at least in my opinion) in order to be helpful to progress in Internet governance, whether for Net Mundial or for a longer term goal such as the transfer of the stewardship of the IANA functions, can we use this list productively to be heard in the global Internet governance discussions?

George