[discuss] Opportunity for input on the development process for IANAoversight transition plan

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:31:26 UTC 2014

Yeah Nick, I agree it covers the technical sides well. However we all agree
that this is not the entire side of the stakeholders.
Generally, my suggestion will be that ICANN encourage all stakeholders to
discourse this within their "known" regional stakeholder engagement events
within the year and proposals/contributions that come out of each of them
gets collected in an inclusive and transparent manner.
ICANN does not necessarily need to list those names on the timeline,
however it should let the names list itself.
To achieve that, I recommend ICANN do the following:
- Define a list of requirement that makes an organisation to be recognised
as a stakeholder. In other to be realistic, the requirement should only
consider regional and global establishment (as it's expected that they will
coordinate with their children stakeholder). It should also include in the
requirement a general number for each of the stakeholder group. So for
instance, it can say 5 per the 4 major stakeholder category.
For technical, all RIR can be 1 out of the category for technical.
- Once this requirement is set, a call for submission should be released
and each stakeholder should indicate the event that will produce their
contribution and comments.(ICANN may attend or not)
- Once application closes, the list of events that will produce the
contribution can be published.
- The template for providing  contribution should be defined. This should
indicate maximum number of pages and should address the specific problem
and proposed solution
- The contributions that emerge should be collected in a transparent manner
- ICANN should look at them and categorise those that seem to address
similar problem and provide similar solution.
- ICANN should publish the categorization
- Then a physical meeting should be initiated where the few proposal then
gets presented.

It will help ensure that the overall responsibility of the process is on
the global community. It will clear the concern of ICANN selecting events.
Filling the form will also mean commitment from the side of those that
apply.(an EOI kind-of).

Regards

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.