[discuss] What is MSism?

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Mar 26 17:17:33 UTC 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 5:11 PM, Jefsey <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:

> The first question should be "what is MSism". I have posted this definition and its comparison with polycracy. I am surprised by the resulting general agreement (no one opposed). I therefore copy it to some other mailing lists, so we have a common working basis.

JFC -

   Lack of response does not indicate "general agreement" nor "no one opposed";
   it simply indicates "lack of response".   To refer to it otherwise is disingenuous.

   However, I do have some good news, in that I will respond to your proposed
   MS definition (i.e. "It is to polycracy the equivalent of monarchy to democracy.
   Technically, MS proceeds from a root/server/client hierarchic model") and note
   that I believe it to be contrary to existing usage of the term and otherwise without
   merit.  (The good news being that now you _can_ summarize your responses
   received, the result being "overwhelmingly opposed"...)

   In keeping with the George's proposed etiquette or the 1net discuss list, I shall
   make the observation that our views are quite divergent, likely irreconcilable,
   and thus my constructive suggestion is that you find a mailing list of those of
   similar beliefs, and refine your ideas in that forum (I've included the cc's on this
   reply to aid in that process, but ask that you refrain from cross posting in the
   future, and simply use one forum of like-minded folks to continue your efforts.)

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer:  My views alone (although I may be able to safely omit it this time...)