[discuss] Network neutrality language [wascFINAL VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT - FOR PRINTING]

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Sat May 3 02:30:27 UTC 2014

Net Neutrality and Quality of Service

Coalition on network neutrality, IGF 2013, Bali

http://www.open-root.eu/about-open-root/news/net-neutrality-and-quality-of-service

Abstract

*The original meaning of the word internet has drifted from packet
switching infrastructure to anything using it. Net neutrality has no
technical definition. We summarize the positions of operators, content
providers and users. The lack of well defined operator service and non
committing contracts generate suspicion and frustration among users.
Content providers and operators are reluctant to invest in network
upgrades. Managing services by QoS lets users choose their own end to end
quality across nets. Finally, ICANN keeps a lock on its non-neutral DNS for
protecting its monopoly.*

- - -