[discuss] Internet: the INTER-connection of local NET-works

nathalie coupet nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 14:44:03 UTC 2014

Hello Willi,

I also believe that the solution is architectonic in nature.
Could you further explain how directed microwave links would solve the problem? Ted Rappaport (MIT) explained that you could use higher frequencies with very short cells to provide connectivity in urban environments because antenna gain would compensate for path and oxygen attenuation. But microwaves are limited to line of sight transmission and signal loss is inevitable in almost half of the time in the presence of humidity, trees, hills, etc.

What is symmetric transport and how would this be solved if every client acted as a server?

How would you eliminate 'all types of instances' to transport all types of content (text, graphic, speech)?

Explain geo-routing (is it the same thing as geocast/geolocation protocol) being currently developed by/at the IETF?

When you refer to the regional network of regional centers and the global network of regional centers, are you referring to the Super IANA Jefsey was referring to? Are you aligned with Louis Pouzin's view of VGNs?

I believe we can solve Internet Governance through a better understanding of the technology of the Internet.

Nathalie