[discuss] List membership management (was: Net neutrality (censored input))

FSP4NET alliance at fsp4.net
Sun May 4 18:13:05 UTC 2014

At 14:52 04/05/2014, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>I for one am grateful.  I see no reason why other lists ought to be
>posting to these lists.  That seems like an excellent way to create a
>mail exploder.

May be the novelty of our process creates a confusion for you. What
it means is:

1. subscriptions to the /1net list are automatically filtered. This
tells how ICANN conceives an MS process on an equal footing. It is
discriminated multistakeholderism. DMS.
QED.

2. we are a multistakholder group. Rather than confusing the list in
using our own individual mail addresses and discussing issues among
us, what some external and internal people think unappropriate, we
have resolved to restrict ourselves to a single mailbox every of us
can freely use and keep discussing the preparation of our mails, the
advisable as our number slowly increases and the number of
contributors on the ICANN lists decreases.

This is therefore the countrary of a mail explosion. However in
meaning less mails and more preparation this may lead to more
structured contributions and less noise. Our mail address filtering
tends to show that the main purpose of this list is to be kept noisy
as a proof of "Community participation".

FSP4NET
(actually this mail was written and tuned by three people, delaying
the response and avoiding several mails on the list, dramatically
reducing the potential noise). We thinks this is the way a reasonable
MS process should work. Don't you?

NB. We will probably keep tuning our VGN and its VPN parts for the
weeks to come. At this time we continue to share copies of our mail
agent (internal tools and format), IPs, servers.