[discuss] Internet: the INTER-connection of local NET-works

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Fri May 23 23:18:34 UTC 2014

Dear friends,

this discussion now focuses on the question:

Direct or indirect addressing in the Internet?

But this question we can answer only if we understand the requirements
of the data packet transport properly.

The transport of data packets is a geographical task because origin and
destination in communication are at different geographical locations.
Otherwise, these questions would not arise. It makes no sense to apply
the methods of internal addressing of CPU's, because it is a completely
different tasks in a completely different environment.

When we realize what to do in order to transport data packets and what
information is necessary so that the packets even reach their goal, then
it becomes very easy.

Andrew has taken leave with great speech from this discussion.

He wrote:
"Today, on the actual Internet we have, if I am the registrant of an IP
address range and I move my data centre from one location to another, I
make a new announcement and everyone can find me automatically".

Because he does not understand the content of DNS processes, he also
does not know what lies behind the facade of his "announcement". But he
acts as if he would be familiar.

Meanwhile, we have several examples of supposed experts on this list who
do not understand the contents of that of which they speak.

JFC Morfin (Jefsey) has disappointed me a little. He knows very well the
history of the Internet, he knows many names. But is this sufficient? If
we do not develop our own criteria, then it is better that we go to the
church. Like small child we can run behind the religious dogmas. Luis
Pouzin put it clearly in his texts to the catenet. Never stand the
physical requirements in the foreground. At that time the project was
stopped because the telecommunication companies of the different state
were afraid of a possible loss of their monopoly position. They prefer
the X25 protocol.

The main forces for indirect addressing in the Internet are government
intelligence agencies and the military authorities; public or private.
And it seems like their needs were always the most important in the last
40-50 years. There are not helpful many names of famous people.

Luis Pouzin was also fixed to the indirect addressing. Following of that
was developed such illustrious names such as "Virtual Geo Network". Each
person can build such a virtual network if they want. Even virtual
communities of any kind. But we never allowed to make this nonsense to
the base.

The same is true for the pseudo-model OSI. Each person can think up to
any models. But models always remain just perceptions. They arise from
the attempt to outline the reality. But the determining factor is the
reality itself and not the idea of reality.

I can only hope that something more consciousness arises in this circle
about the reality. But based on my experience in so many threads in this
list I have big doubts. At least until the more passive reader
interfere. Then could also Luis Pouzin participate in the discussion.

The geo-routing come today through the backdoor in again. In dynamic
meshnets of mobile devices without local access points, the geo-routing
has proven to be advantageous. Also a military line of research.

Even if that is not the issue here. We should think about, how we can
disolve all kinds of military worldwide. Then we have a lot less
problems in our lives. And not only in the internet.

Many greetings in solidarity, willi uebelherr
Jinotepe, Nicaragua

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está activa.