[discuss] ITU - Internet related Resolutions

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Oct 27 12:59:30 UTC 2014

> On Oct 26, 2014, at 4:43 PM, Adam <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
> Is Saudi speaking for a large block of countries?

In so far as lines are drawn, here’s what I’ve observed this evening:

On one side:
The Internets
United Kingdom
Bulgaria
Japan
Canada
USA
Australia
Ghana
Nigeria
New Zealand
Grenada

On the other side:
Saudi Arabia
Argentina
Brazil
Paraguay
Oman
Russia

Wildcard:
India

Helpful grammar authoritarians, who are striving to make evil documents at least marginally intelligible:
Bulgaria
Sweden

Meeting concluded with an admonishment by the chair to Saudi Arabia to consider limiting its contributions to ones which “reflect present reality.”

The Internet-issues ad-hoc reconvenes at 18:00 on Wednesday, unless the secretariat is able to find an earlier time.

Fact-checking the idiocy that’s spouted in this room is surprisingly difficult, given 85% packet loss getting out of the building.  One could be cynical about that, but I’ll resist the urge.

                                -Bill