[discuss] Draft statement on making IGF permanent

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at internet-ecosystem.org
Tue Sep 2 14:48:13 UTC 2014

+1.

I would add that a permanent IGF is a good thing, but it still needs reviewing on a regular basis. I think we all know there are quite a few significant improvements that should be made, many of which are the object of very wide consensus, but funding amongst other issues prevents their implementation.

All organisations need something to keep them ’on track’ and to keep those who are in charge of them accountable.