[discuss] [IANAxfer] [ccnso-igrg] Two accountability questions - help pls- Workshop 23 - ICANN accountability

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Sep 2 18:01:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 08:48:18PM +0300, John Curran wrote:
>  makes the most sense (at least to me.)  There's no clear benefit
>  from having discrete operators, and it would require some very
>  significant joint coordination to make work as successfully as
>  the present approach.

For what it's worth, I completely agree with John here, and I also
note that this is good engineering practice.  That is, as long as
there is no strong reason to separate the registries, we should not.
But if it turns out there is a good reason, then we can confront the
more complicated technical trade-offs and decide whether to make them.
(That also means, of course, avoiding making such a decision until we
actually need to, on the grounds that laziness is a virtue when work
might be wasted.)

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com