[discuss] [IANAxfer] [ccnso-igrg] Two accountability questions - help pls- Workshop 23 - ICANN accountability

Mike Roberts mmr at darwin.ptvy.ca.us
Thu Sep 11 19:39:26 UTC 2014

John -

I am perfectly happy to have you cast a wider net, but let’s be up front about it.   Changing ICANN’s current legal base is a much bigger deal than we have been generally discussing.  Given the very wide international debate that would be engendered by embarking on such a step, a debate that would require boundaries defined differently than those applying to ICANN’s present California base, it is not far from “starting over.”

- Mike