[discuss] [bestbits] [governance] Internet Social Forum-->Jeremy's Jeremiad and Philip's Phillipic

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:00:52 UTC 2015

McTim (or should I say (Sen.) McCarthy…

I’m hoping that folks are wise enough not to think that if a lie is repeated often enough and loudly enough and particularly if it can be referenced to a blogpost with a reference to a (slightly deranged err over the top) blogpost that provides significantly distorted and selective references to a further set of documents then somehow it has a reality beyond simply self-interested commentary (sigh, but such is the Internet…

And now to:

Jeremy’s Jeremiad <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiad>  and Phillip’s Philippic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippic>

As they say the worst insult is to be ignored, and no publicity is bad publicity… so thanks folks for spreading the word about the JNC and the ISF.

That Philip got it wrong following Jeremy’s wild distortions and misrepresentations shouldn’t be too surprising.  I’ll leave a detailed cross referencing between reality and what Jeremy has oozed out to others with a more Talmudic bent but just to say that I’m expecting a libel action to be forthcoming from my PM Stephen Harper at the possibility that he might be funding my contributions to the JNC or the ISF (I would expect similar rumblings from various of the other “state actors” to which he might so circuitously and ponderously be referring).

But just to note—it is only in the minds of the profoundly anti-democratic (and historically illiterate) that statements to the effect that “The right to make Internet-related public policies lies exclusively with those who legitimately and directly represent people” is (mis) represented as calling for governance solely by and through existing governmental (or inter-governmental) structures or more specifically existing and very often undemocratic and unrepresentative governments and state structures/actors (whoever they may be).