[discuss] from confusion to clarification

Eduardo Villanueva evillan at pucp.pe
Thu Jan 29 15:04:39 UTC 2015

Hi Willi

For what I understand of your argument, you believe that “internet governance” is irrelevant because there is only need for a number (perhaps a limited number) of technical decisions to guarantee that the Internet continues to work as such. While I think there’s a lot more there to discuss than just the technical issues of the interconnection of networks as they stand today, may I ask you how do you think the institutional arrangements necessary to reach the technical solutions should be? Just maintain the IETF? Or something different?

This particular issue is at the center of many debates about Internet governance, but i gather you may think that there is a better, simpler solution that will resolve the issue without all the hoopla around the IGF, NMI, ISF and everything else.

Thanks for your time.

Eduardo Villanueva-Mansilla
Associate Professor, Dept. Communications
Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
evillan at pucp.pe
www.eduardovillanueva.com