[discuss] [Internet Policy] Net Neutrality in the next Internet

Jane Coffin coffin at isoc.org
Mon Mar 2 21:19:41 UTC 2015

Hello from Jane Coffin at ISOC.  Just back from an IXP start-up workshop.

Neutrality – location, treatment, pricing, and so-on is critical to IXP success – at least bottom-up community run IXPs (including IXPs like KIXP, Costa Rica, AMS-IX and more).  I suppose they are a critical example where there can be and you do find some neutrality.

IXPs assist a variety of networks exchange traffic through a switch – ISPs, NRENs, private entities – like banks, CDNs (Google, Akamai, etc.).  Three or more entities peering generally = an IXP.

Agree with Gary on the IAB guidelines.