[discuss] WEBCAST THURS/FRI – Global Conference on Internet Governance and Cyber-Security @ Columbia SIPA

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue May 12 16:33:28 UTC 2015

​This is as strong an assembly of Internet Governance experts as NYC has
ever seen! ISOC is well represented by President/CEO Kathy Brown, ​
​
Konstantinos Komaitis from our policy staff, Michael Nelson from our DC
Chapter, plus former CTO Leslie Daigle and our co-founder Vint Cerf. Note
that a number of background papers
<https://sipa.columbia.edu/experience-sipa/cross-cutting-initiatives/cyber-security/background-papers>
have been  contributed by the GCIG and by speakers including 'On the Nature
of the Internet
<https://ourinternet-files.s3.amazonaws.com/publications/gcig_paper_no7.pdf>'
by Leslie Daigle. The conference itself is fully subscribed, but please
enjoy the livestream.

 joly posted: "On Thursday May 14 and Friday May 15 2015 the  Columbia
University School of International and Public Affairs(SIPA) and the Global
Commission on Internet Governance (GCIG) will present the Conference on
Internet Governance and Cyber-Security at Columbia U"

[image: SIPA_GCIG_Conference] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/SIPA>
On *Thursday May 14* and* Friday May 15* 2015 the  Columbia University
School of International and Public Affairs <https://sipa.columbia.edu/>(SIPA)
and the Global Commission on Internet Governance
<https://ourinternet.org/> (GCIG)
will present the *Conference on Internet Governance and Cyber-Security
<http://www.sipa.columbia.edu/conference-on-internet-governance-cyber-security>*
at
Columbia University in NYC. Over 40 speakers – including*Vint Cerf*,* Kathy
Brown*, *Fadi Chehadé*, *Larry Strickling*, *David Gross*, *Tim Wu*, *Leslie
Daigle*,* Rebecca Mackinnon*, *Konstantinos Komaitis,* *Michael Nelson*,
and *Laura DeNardis*, will discuss the most pressing policy issues in the
worlds of internet governance and cyber-security including privacy,
security, innovation, international trade and cross border data flows, data
protectionism, human rights, freedom of expression and more. The conference
will be webcast live via a joint effort of the Internet Society and the
SIPA IT Department.

*What: Conference on Internet Governance and Cyber-Security
<http://www.sipa.columbia.edu/conference-on-internet-governance-cyber-security>*
*Where: Italian Academy, Columbia University NYC*
*When: Thursday May 14 09:00-21:00 EDT (13:00-01:00 UTC) and Friday May 15
2015 09:00-14:00 EDT (13:00-18:00 UTC)*
*Agenda: https://sipa.columbia.edu/experience-sipa/cross-cutting-initiatives/cyber-security/agenda
<https://sipa.columbia.edu/experience-sipa/cross-cutting-initiatives/cyber-security/agenda>*
*Webcast: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/SIPA
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/SIPA>*
*Twitter: @ColombiaSIPA
<https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=columbiasipa&src=typd>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/7767#respond>   See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/7767#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/7767

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com