[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on Internet Governance

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Mon Jan 13 22:42:00 UTC 2014

On 13 jan 2014, at 17:38, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> Everyone is responsible for their own security on the Internet.  Relying on third parties to be responsible for your security on the Internet is what facilitates activities such as those disclosed by Edward Snowden.

To put it differently, whenever anyone connect something to whatever is part of the Internet, what is connected ends up being part of the Internet, not outside of the Internet and connected to it. And whoever connects that thing is still responsible for the functionality for it.

So, each one of us is responsible for whatever piece of the Internet we are responsible for.

   Patrik