[discuss] Applying the Right To Be Forgotten to Wikipedia

Michel S. Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Fri May 30 22:54:46 UTC 2014

At 00:19 31/05/2014, Gnosis IP Law, P.C. wrote:
>I would agree:  Wikipedia and any other information site that processes
>personal information to which it provides links would probably be
>considered a ³controller² subject to the right to be forgotten of European
>citizens.  Only the first of several burdens would be that ³controllers²
>who receive a cease and desist demand must determine whether the demander
>is a citizen of the EU or otherwise covered.  And who must confirm?

I am afraid that this is another outdated concept: processing
information in order to build links has a name: it is called
intelligent thinking. The EU (non voted ruling) is just another way
to forbide the right to think.

Anyway, intellition (i.e. what makes sense from communicated
information) is burried in big data. Nothing can be forgot. It can
only be in its own turn burried in (more positive) data. The first
"controller" is the DNS which permits to access Google and Wikipedia,
and actually the first first one is language.

M S G