[discuss] [Internet Policy] Net Neutrality in the next Internet

nathalie coupet nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 16:02:31 UTC 2015

According to Van Johansen (Slow-start algorythm), the Internet should change from a ''conversational" architecture with connections between two nodes at a time, to a content-based architecture that would use the memory stored in the infrastructure through leveraging the existing buffering occurring at each hop, in order to send content to a very great number of addresses at the same time. Thus, Netflix would be able to send its content to great number of households not from a single address point, but from everywhere to everywhere.
Could someone explain in more detail exactly to what buffering he is referring to, and how it would affect Net Neutrality?
Thanks,  Nathalie