[discuss] Questions regarding business sector participation

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 15:59:47 UTC 2013

All,

I would like to ask the following questions regarding business sector participation in 1net and related Internet governance activities, and I would appreciate a public response from representatives of that sector:

1. Is ICC BASIS the sole coordinator of private sector nominations to the 1net steering committee and to the several of the committees that will support the meeting in Brazil in April 2014?

2. Does ICC BASIS restrict its nominations to within the group of "members" of ICC BASIS?

3. In order to be considered a member of ICC BASIS, does an organization have to pay a fee to ICC BASIS?

4. If so, how much is that fee, and is it a one time fee or a yearly fee?

Since much of our discussion seems stuck on representation issues (to my dismay), let's at least get the facts in the open so that we can eliminate unnecessary and unproductive speculation.

George