[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Dec 24 17:56:02 UTC 2013

In message <3F10892B-57AC-4B97-9DC0-E5512879249E at gmail.com>, at 14:21:14
on Tue, 24 Dec 2013, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> writes
>> Personally: we know the border between civil society and academia is not so clear, the same with the border between academia and the
>>"technical community", but we do know there will be eight places in the HL for civil society+academia+technical comm... I think the
>>communities themselves will have to sort this out. 1Net is viewing (if it does view anything clearly) three sectors: business, tech, and CS.
>
>1net has four: business, TC, CS, academic.

But we seem to have been told of only three (in the context of the
Brazil meeting):

    "12 non-govs include four of each non-gov stakeholder (civil

society, academia/techies, private sector)"

It's how we map between the four and three which seems to be the main
philosophical issue at present.
--
Roland Perry