[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 25 15:10:27 UTC 2013

On Dec 25, 2013, at 6:52 AM, "Roland Perry" <roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> As for "Governance" issues, I'm not sure the traceability issues have all been solved (either for users who wish to be less traceable, or law enforcement who wish users to be more traceable).

Remember that  "users wish to be less traceable" is generalization
of what many folks think they want until they are the victim of a
serious crime over the Internet (at which point they suddenly realize
the issue is a little more complicated...)

The point is that there are very important issues of privacy and
protection for anonymous speech which vary across the Internet,
and hence the need for a meaningful framework for adjudication
when needed.

Thanks (& Happy Holidays!)
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.