[discuss] A thought experiment - what follows the 'IANA transition?'

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 22:40:38 UTC 2014

No, I'm not arguing for that although I think it is a discussion very well
worth having...

Rather I am trying to find out what people think is the extent of possible
application of the MS model for policy decision making.  As I noted in my
blogpost and in several interventions on this list there seems to be
something of a sleight of hand going on, where the usefulness and
application of the MS model in quite narrow technical areas as for example
through the IETF provides a basis for applying the MS model in much broader
areas of Global (Internet) Governance.

And I'm curious what advocates of the MS model think about that.