[discuss] When did the Multitude vote?

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Sat Apr 19 18:12:10 UTC 2014

I recall in the formation process of ICANN there were meetings with open
mikes and people were asked to identify themselves and their
affiliation.  Too often there was a confusion between someone being a
member of a group and their statement that they spoke on behalf of the
group. Statements like "I represent the people" were often justified by
"I wrote a book"...  This, like many other issues, persists to this
day.  At best one could say "I speak for myself and like-minded
individuals as part of the Multitude".. ...

Joe