[discuss] History/Summary of discussion on /1net till 30/01/2014

McTim mctimconsulting at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 13:44:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Michele Neylon - Blacknight
<michele at blacknight.com> wrote:
> Adiel
>

> While I appreciate the effort involved in preparing this document I'd tend
> to agree with a lot of what Jorge has said
>

> The Brazil meeting was not expected, so it couldn't be "widely anticipated"

well to be pedantic, it is "widely anticipated" now isn't it!?

> Since when is a mailing list an organisation? If it is a "body" or whatever
> then what is it and under which jurisdiction has it been setup?
>

> ICANN is an organisation, so is RIPE etc., etc., 1net as far as I am aware
> is a mailing list

ICANN and RIPE both have secretariats, they are the organisation.
RIPE is a community of folks interested in IP address policy.  The
RIPE NCC is the organisation.  Same with ICANN, there is both a
community of folk making policy and a secretariat.

I think it is a good summary doc.

Regards,

McTim