[discuss] Possible approaches to solving "problem no. 1"

Dr. Ben Fuller ben at fuller.na
Tue Feb 18 09:58:29 UTC 2014

All,

The key word here is accountability. How do we create a structure that is accountable to the largest number of stakeholders and interested parties? To do this we need to look at different tracks of accountability and how they are structured. One track is the Board of the new institution (or transformed ICANN), one will be with the different stakeholders and how they are linked to decision making processes, another is how do we insure that changes to the root are properly implemented. There may be more.

Brian, Ian and Marilyn among others both before and after this post begin an examination of some of these issues. Perhaps a useful exercise will be to delineate the areas of accountability that are of concern by people on this list and discuss each in its own thread.

Ben