[discuss] discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Feb 21 18:14:13 UTC 2014

At 18:43 21/02/2014, Don Blumenthal wrote:
>However, I believe that it is the norm and, in the case of Internet
>related matters, problems generally arise because of ignorance of
>how the system works rather than any intent.

Don,

you said that things did not happen in a certain technical way. You
will accept that beliefs are not the way computer works, and Judges
should know the way the things they judge does work. The technical
question will be entirely solved if you can explain how an US Judge
can order, and how is performed, the seizure of site hosted outside
of the USA.

If your forte is, as it seems, in the legal field, would you have
considered (or someone else) how such a seizure (which consists in
replacing an authoritatively published text) compars with censoring.

Thank you!
jefsey