[discuss] global cyber sovereignty [was discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67, etc.]

Elisabeth Blanconil info at vgnic.org
Sun Feb 23 10:31:11 UTC 2014

At 01:41 23/02/2014, S Moonesamy wrote:
>There has been some studies about sovereignty, jurisdiction,
>etc.  The proposals I have read do not cite any of those
>studies.  It is difficult to establish the veracity of the
>historical information mentioned in the discussions.

This is why information are only to be considered as case
illustrations. Better if they can be confirmed as you did for ICP-1
and DCRI/Wikimedia France. The other hypothetical cases are subject
to your  (and other readers') technical sagacity.

>There are articles at
>http://articles.latimes.com/2003/may/11/nation/na-nyt11 and
>http://www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60.full

I suppose that you refer to the incredible hoax of the single unique
authoritative root with its mathematical (US) hierarchy for an MS
global world distributed on an equal footing basis.

>Nowadays, it is more and more difficult for the average person to
>determine whom to rely on.

This is why that average person is only to trust him/herself (IUsers:
informed/intelligent users). That is if he/she is clever enough and
follows an established thinking methodology. A good way to do it
(used in every business teaching) is the plausible case study. Either
from a real story when it already occurred, or from a theoretically
possible one when exploring potentialities.

This is what I find in the JFC's mail. However, I would like to add
the naked king case. The case where the all world says that the
king's dress is singularly unique. Like in the case of the DNS
root-file. I feel the US are pretty naked without a consistent
digisphere doctrine.

Hebe