[discuss] rootservers

Elisabeth Blanconil info at vgnic.org
Mon Feb 24 17:30:57 UTC 2014

At 18:02 24/02/2014, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>In many countries there where multiple ISPs that did not exchange
>traffic with each other within the country itself. All of the ISPs had
>their own back-haul to Miami in the US.

This why we think that the HomeRoot project
experimentation is a project for developing
countries for daily operations. However, it is
also an experimentation for developed and even
sophisticated countries because it is then a
matter of security and defense. One cannot trust
and invest in a vital systems that can die of remote TTL.

This being said, what is the proper e-mail,
procedure, needs and costs involved in setting-up a root server?
Patrik you should make the Nordunet proposition
listed among the topics of the next AIS meeting in Djibouti end of may?

Hebe