[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Fri Feb 28 08:30:06 UTC 2014

On 27 Feb 2014, at 10:56 pm, Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal at pir.org> wrote:

> I will add to Steve¹a narrative.
>
> What became the EWG first was recommended by the multistakeholder Whois
> Review Team, not the Board or the CEO. Its report went through the full
> range of the usual public comment processes.
>
> The ICANN Security and Stability Review Team, which I serve on, commented
> and recommended a somewhat different approach from the WRT that would
> require broader community involvement than in the WRT model.

	When you say ICANN Security and Stability Review Team, do you mean SSAC?
	Because you weren't on the Security, Stability and Resiliency Review Team 1, and I didn't think ICANN had started SSR RT2 process yet? (though it is due)
	Or is there some other bit of the ICANN SSR world that I am unaware of? Asking mostly because the latter possibility is quite plausible, and I at least try to understand how it all fits together.

	Cheers

		David