[discuss] Internet governance recommended reading

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Jan 4 18:02:55 UTC 2014

On Jan 5, 2014, at 2:08 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have always written it that way.  Think I even used that capitalization in some of the early IGF (i wish it was IgF) documents when I was on the secretariat, though I am not sure whether they got 'corrected' by the powers that be who did the final edits for UNDESA.

I'm pretty sure the IGF has used "Internet governance..."  unless in titles of meetings, sessions, and the like.  As did the WSIS declarations.  Mistakes are made, but if there were a style sheet it would have been with g not G.

> I think it is an important signifier as it indicates that the governance is subordinate to the Internet and its realities.  Just like Internet protocols or Internet architecture.

That might be getting a bit deep.  Quite a few write internet not Internet.  You might find The Economist (UK) using internet governance?

Adam