[discuss] Counting messages and changing the Subject [was: So-called alternate roots]

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 21:03:11 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 20:37, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> >>     Brian (2/4 for today)
> >>
> > I have noticed you consciously count your mails; has there been any day
> you
> > wanted to write and noticed you have already exhausted your 4?
>
> No. But it was an interesting little experiment for a couple of days. It
> has the great virtue that it makes you think "Is this email really
> necessary?"
> and if the answer is "no" then don't send it!

The "virtue" which should not necessarily always be answered by the sender,
as not all ideas initially makes sense but it could make sense to others
and provoke other ideas.

> Another really important thing (IMHO) is "If you change the subject, then
> change the Subject header." That makes it so much easier to follow some
> threads and ignore others.
>
> ++1 to further emphasis; ONLY change the "subject header" if indeed the
subject of discussion is different (to avoid experiencing quite many
subject header with similar subject content)

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*