[discuss] Where to discuss privacy issues 1Net? [ICANN policy and "Internet Governance"]

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Tue Jan 7 08:48:03 UTC 2014

I disagree. Frankly, ICANN is the least of my worries in terms of near-term risks to the Internet. The entire Internet technical architecture of bottom-up decision-making is at risk for exactly the reasons that Seun mentioned.

Seun, I think a thread on the nexus of privacy, surveillance, and principles is a great idea. It will certainly be a topic that is actively worked on in multilateral institutions this year - the HRC, UNESCO, and more.