[discuss] Where to discuss privacy issues 1Net? [ICANN policy and "Internet Governance"]

Nigel Hickson nigel.hickson at icann.org
Tue Jan 7 09:08:08 UTC 2014

Good morning

Just to note that privacy / data protection issues are generally
considered to be within the purview of Internet Governance.  They clearly
affect a number of Internet actors including ICANN (for example in
Registry and Registrar Agreements).

In terms of locus there is European Legislation on Data Protection and
also a Convention adopted by Council of Europe.

Best

Nigel