[discuss] Transiting e-mails

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Tue Jan 7 16:28:00 UTC 2014

At 09:27 07/01/2014, S Moonesamy wrote:
>Note that the user does not have any control over the path taken by
>a packet to reach its destination.  It is possible to set
>restrictions, such as which country a packet transits through, in a
>closed network.  The simple response is that it is not possible to
>set such a restriction in an open network.
>
>I'll skip the second question.

I am afraid you missed the point.
1. The first point is not here to be commented. It is a user
requirement to be addresed.
2. the first point is also here to illustrate the scandal of the
second question to be skiped.

The "user does not have any control" is only a structural bug. The
information I want to confirm is that nobody still cares on the /1net
list. This means it is a list where users are not represented. QED.
Cheers!

MG